Home > Scholarship Programs
> Phillips 66 SHIELD Scholars
Phillips 66 SHIELD Scholars
(Students Heightening Involvement in Education, Learning, and Development)
Texas A&M University is proud to partner with Phillips 66 to provide scholarships for high-potential undergraduate students who are interested in the energy industry. In addition to scholarship funds, recipients have access to mentors who work for Phillips 66 and participate in personal and professional enrichment activities throughout the academic year. SHIELD Scholars are provided with opportunities to prepare themselves for a successful transition from the university to full-time employment in the energy industry.
- You must be enrolled to complete at least 60 semester credit hours at the time of application and have at least a 3.25 overall GPR.
- You must have demonstrated leadership abilities and involvement in student and professional organizations.
- You must be pursuing a degree in one of the following majors:
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Energy and/or Risk Management
- Energy Management
- Human Resources Management
- Industrial and Systems
- Industrial Engineering
- Management Information Systems
- Materials Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Phillips 66 SHIELD Scholars are awarded $3,500 per year.
NOTE: There will be no new SHIELD Scholars selected for 2018-2019. Applications are expected to be available for the 2019-2020 academic year, beginning in Spring 2019.