*FAFSA or TASFA must be processed and cannot be in a REJECT status; a 2014-2015 Student Aid Report (SAR) must be on file at the college or university no later than March 15, 2014.
- You must demonstrate financial need (to be determined by the college or university financial aid office).
- You must complete 30 semester credit hours each academic year- Fall, Spring, and the following Summer (credits by exam/AP credits do not count toward completion; however, hours completed at another institution may)
- You must maintain a cumulative 3.25 GPA.
- You must complete at least 75% of hours attempted.
- You must be enrolled full-time at the university where you are degree-seeking (12 or more hours)1
The 83rd Texas legislature did not approve funding to support “Bonus Workforce” for the fall 2013 nor 2014. All renewal students must meet the standard 3.25 GPA renewal requirement. 1An exception may be made for a student's final semester before graduation only if fewer than 12 hours are required to complete the degree plan.
NOTE: Eligibility for a Top 10% Scholarship ends four years (time) from the start of the semester in which you received an initial award.